James Ramsay was established in 1920 and has grown to become one of Scotland’s most experienced and well respected specialists in industrial and commercial pipework, heating and process systems.
We have built our business on the traditional values of quality workmanship, customer service and focus on health and safety. We offer our customers total support for their pipework, heating and process requirements from the provision of maintenance and emergency repairs to major pipework and heating plant installations and upgrades.
Our team of engineers have decades of industry experience and our services include:
- Service, commission and overhaul of most types of oil and gas firing burners and boilers
- Sale and complete refit of all types of steam and heating boilers (we are Scottish agents for Weishaupt and Nuway burners)
- Installation of boilers, plate heat exchangers, warm air heaters and oil fired equipment
- Preparation of boilers and pressure equipment for statutory insurance inspection
- Gas tightness tests to small and large installations
- Installation of steel, copper, plastic and stainless steel pipework
- All aspects of steam boilers and distribution pipework
- Coded welders, pipe fitters, heating engineers, mechanical fitters and gas service engineers all subject to a rolling programme of health and safety training and NEBOSH supervision.
We have the technical capability to fulfil a full range of services from large, complicated installation projects to small, emergency repairs.
Over the years we have grown a strong customer base including the following sectors: NHS, food and beverage, local authorities, industrial and manufacturing companies, facilities management and M&E contractors.
Our customers can rely on us to provide the highest level of service. We always respond and rise to a challenge.
Weishaupt UK Managing Director, Bernard Fox, said:
“James Ramsay (Glasgow) Ltd.’s excellent technical ability and extensive knowledge of heating systems and applications guarantees that a prompt response to our business requirements is always delivered with the highest quality workmanship and competence.”
While we are proud of our heritage we are constantly seeking to develop and improve the company. In 2013, Managing Director Raymond Shepherd led a buy-out backed by Nevis Capital .